Everybody wants to live a healthy lifestyle.
Nowadays, because of immense pollution, leading a healthy lifestyle is becoming harder day by day.
Water is one of those natural resources which is a victim of immense pollution.
As we know, we cannot live without water but yes, because of pollution, bad quality water can cause a lot of health-related issues.
But not to worry, that is what water purifiers are for. In this article, I am going to focus on Alkaline water purifiers, while also discussing a little about RO and UV water purifiers.
Keep reading this article to find out more about alkaline water purifier machines, alkaline water purifier benefits, their disadvantages, the best alkaline water purifiers in India, and so on.
Top Advantages of Alkaline Water
- Alkaline water provides better hydration than normal water, especially after a tasking workout.
- Alkaline water has anti-aging properties. This is possible because of liquid antioxidants that absorb more quickly into the human body.
- Alkaline water provides support to the immune system.
- Alkaline water has detoxifying properties.
- Some studies suggest that alkaline water has cancer resistance properties.
- Some observe in several small studies that drinking alkaline water aid in weight loss by increasing metabolism and providing better digestion.
- Because of its detoxifying properties, alkaline water also promotes healthier skin.
Top Disadvantages of Alkaline Water
- Alkaline water is said to lower the natural acidity of your stomach. The natural acidity of the stomach helps kill bacteria and other unwanted pathogens.
- Excess alkalinity in one’s body will cause skin irritation.
- Excess alkalinity in the body can also cause certain gastrointestinal problems.
- With too much alkalinity in the body, its natural pH balance will be agitated. This will lead to alkalosis which may cause symptoms like nausea, vomiting, hand tremors, muscle twitching, confusion, face distortions, and so on.
Alkaline Water Purifier vs UV Water Purifier: Pros & Cons.
The primary purpose of an alkaline water purifier is to neutralize the acidity of water. These acids which an alkaline water purifier purifies are harmful to the body.
The increase in pH level of the water caused by alkaline water purifiers is good for the body.
Now let us see what a UV water purifier is all about.
In some water inputs, there are lesser total dissolved salts (TDS). The added TDS because UV water purifiers make the water soft.
UV technology kills parasites and makes the water safe to drink and pure.
The water even tastes better because it does not purify the water with chemicals. UV technology also kills bacteria.
So this is the basic difference between an alkaline water purifier and UV water purifiers. Both water purifiers make the water safer and healthier to drink.
Nowadays, because of advanced technology, water purifiers are available with both the combined technologies of alkaline water purifiers and UV water purifiers.
Alkaline Water Purifier vs RO Water Purifier: Pros & Cons.
Let us look at the five basic differences between an alkaline water purifier and Reverse Osmosis (RO) water purifier.
- The first basic difference is that alkaline water purifiers do not require electricity to purify the water, whereas without electricity, RO cannot purify water. This is because RO contains hydraulic pressure systems which require power, hence electricity is required.
- As we have read previously in this article, alkaline water purifiers make water healthier, even UV makes water healthier, but RO removes the minerals from water. Because of the process, it uses to remove contamination, some of the mineral content also gets removed from the water which is not at all healthy.
- A lot of water gets wasted due to reverse osmosis. Because of the pressure system it uses, a lot of water gets wasted. The RO uses pressure to remove all dissolved solids, but this process also leads to the wastage of water. Alkaline water purifiers, on the other hand, cause no wastage of water.
- Next, we come to the size of these water purifiers. Reverse osmosis units are huge and take up a lot of space in your kitchen. Alkaline water purifiers are not at all huge and require minimum space in your kitchen.
- Last but not the least, reverse osmosis makes the water more acidic as opposed to alkaline water purifiers whose primary goal is to neutralize the acidity in water and make it more alkaline.
How to choose an alkaline water purifier for your home? – Tips!
Check the water quality of your home.Keeping this in mind, buy the water purifier that best suits the quality of water at your home.
Your decision of buying a water purifier should be based on the taste and odor of your water.
Other than that, also consider whether your water contains more sediments or more invisible germs.
You check that by looking at the texture of your water. Keeping all these things in mind will help you determine your water quality.
Analyze the daily usage of water in your home. The amount of daily water consumption will help you determine whether you need a high-powered water purifier with a prodigious output or a low-powered one with lesser output.
Plan your budget. Make sure how much you want to spend on a water purifier.
This will help you choose your water purifier better according to your budget.
There are several kinds of water purifiers, such as UV water purifiers, UF water purifiers, RO water purifiers, alkaline water purifiers, and so on.
Know the water purifying techniques of each and the output of each. Decide what you want after knowing that. It will be easier to choose your water purifier in this way.
Alkaline water purifiers do not require electricity, whereas UV and RO water purifiers do require electricity.
If you live in an area where there are frequent power cuts or any kinds of electrical problems, opt for a water purifier that does not use electricity.
Every water purifier requires professional maintenance every three to four months.
Choose a water purifier that has its maintenance cost within your budget.
Last but not the least, check its size, the space it occupies, and choose to according to that.
Best Alkaline Water Purifiers that you can buy in India right now in 2021:
Below are our recommendation for the best alkaline water purifier to buy for your home, office or shop. These are products passed our selection processes carried out by our team.
Kent Alkaline Water Purifier
Kent is a popular water purifier company that has a lot of different alkaline water purifier models.
They designed some of these models with alkaline, RO, and UV technologies along with alkaline water purifying technology.
All the water purifiers by Kent have a sleek, space-friendly design.
Also, they are budget-friendly considering all the features they have.
The capacity of water is also good in the water purifiers of Kent.
Some of the best models by Kent are Kent Superb Alkaline, Kent Ace Extra, and Kent Ace Extra 8.
Havells Alkaline Water Purifier
Havells is another popular brand name we are all familiar with.
Havells provides some of the best alkaline water purifiers. They have cool, premium designs and are sized to fit in even small kitchens.
Most of the alkaline water purifiers also have combined RO and UV technologies. Water is purified in eight steps to provide one with the best healthy water.
Some of the best models of Havells alkaline water purifiers are Havells Digiplus Alkaline, Havells Delite Alkaline, Havells UTC alkaline, and Havells Max alkaline.
All the Havells Alkaline Water purifiers cost less than 30000 Indian Rupees.
Eureka Forbes Alkaline Water Purifier
Priced between 10000 INR and 40000 INR.
This popular brand, Eureka Forbes, offers a varied range of Alkaline Water Purifiers.
They have combined RO and UV technologies which ensures the getting of the purest water one can get. They equip the water purifiers with Mineral Guard and Biotron cartridges.
This ensures the perfect purification of water and provides you with the healthiest water.
Some of the best water purifiers from Eureka Forbes are Dr. Aquaguard NRICH, Aquaguard Select Classic, and Dr. Aquaguard edge.
Other than these brands there are several brands such as Panasonic, Kangen, and many more that provide the best alkaline water purifiers but so far these three are the best brands when it comes to water purifiers.
Must read this: Clean water for everyone: Best water purifiers to buy in India
Some faqs regarding alkaline water purifier:
Is an alkaline water purifier good?
Yes, in several aspects, alkaline water purifiers are good. Alkaline water purifiers neutralize the acid content in water and make it more suitable for drinking. Water from alkaline water purifiers is also said to hydrate better than normal water.
Which is the best alkaline water purifier?
There are several brands of water purifiers that are considered to be the best. Some of them are Havells, Kent, and Eureka Forbes. Most alkaline water purifiers from these brands are considered to be the best alkaline water purifier. For more details, refer to the previous subheadings of this article.
Can I drink alkaline water every day?
There has been no evidence to date that says that alkaline water has any health benefits. If you wish to drink alkaline water daily, begin with a minimum amount of intake which you can increase gradually.
What is the best water to drink?
Purified water is the best water to drink. Even though you can drink tap water or other kinds of water, purified water gets rid of all the contamination and makes it safest for one to drink.
Is an alkaline water purifier good for health?
Alkaline water detoxifies the body and also provides better hydration than normal water. So yes, the water from alkaline water purifiers is good for health.
In conclusion, I would like to say that investing in an alkaline water purifier is not a bad idea.
It is one of the best decisions one can make regarding wise investments.
Everybody wants to live a healthy lifestyle and having a good water purifier brings you closer to that goal.
If you ask me, I would suggest one buy a product of Eureka Forbes or Kent.
Of course, other brands are good too but these two are the best of all.
Rest is of course up to the user, just refer to the buying guide in this article.
2000+ Geeks Community
Get fast access to gadgets, tech news & deals!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.