Body hair is very natural for every human being, and it is nothing to hide.
But yes, most women prefer to get rid of their body hair rather than keep them.
There are several ways to accomplish this that include shaving, waxing, and epilating.
In this article, I am going to talk all about epilating, what it is, how it removes hair from your body, the benefits of an epilator, its disadvantages, and more.
Keep reading this article to know more.
Selection Process for the Best Epilators for Women in India
The products I have written about were chosen according to the following criteria:
- Whether the epilators can be used on dry or wet skin.
- Is the battery sustainable or not?
- Are the epilators painful or not?
- The efficiency of hair removal of each epilator.
Top Seven Epilators for Women in India
Well, check out the mentioned epilators for women perfect for full body hair removal. Both cord & cordless, wet & dry models are listed here. These models are great for beginners too.
Braun Silk Epil 5/5185 Epilator
The first product on our list is a Braun Epilator.
It might not be one of the best epilators under 3000 Indian Rupees, but this epilator has turned out to be a great epilator that is also really easy to use.
With this epilator, you would not have to worry about all the short hair on your body. With its 15 degrees rotatable head, it can remove even the tiniest hairs on your body.
This product comes with a smart light that ensures that you do not miss out on even the tiniest hairs on your body.
- This epilator can make the removal of even the tiniest hairs possible.
- This is a very quick and efficient epilator.
- The process might turn out to be a bit painful during the first few times.
Note: Currently this model is unavailable, so check this alternative model instead, Braun Silk-épil 5-500, Epilator.
Braun Silk-Epil 9-890 Epilator
Next on our list is another epilator from Braun which is also the best epilator for the bikini area. Not just the bikini area, it is effective for arms and legs as well.
The battery run time of this epilator is 50 minutes, which might not be too long but is decent enough. It can be used for dry skin as well as wet skin.
It comes with a warranty of two years and is one of the best epilators for beginners in India.
- It has been manufactured with Micro-grip technology which ensures the best possible results.
- This product comes with attachments that have their benefits.
- The possession of smart light makes the epilation process easier.
- This is a great epilator for sensitive skin.
- This is a full-body epilator.
- It can be a bit expensive.
Philips Cordless Epilator
The next product on our list is a Philips epilator. This product can be used on the face as well as the whole body.
This is one of the best epilators for the face and body in India, which also makes it one of the best epilators for eyebrows in India.
This epilator can be used on both the face and the body. It has a run time of 1.5 hours which is a fantastic and long-lasting battery life.
It comes with a warranty of 2 years and gives you smooth and flawless skin after every use.
- It is very easy to use and hassle-free.
- You can cover all your body’s surface with the added help of its attachments.
- With this product, you can remove all the hard-to-remove hairs.
- The battery is long-lasting.
- The epilator is easy to clean.
- This epilator can be loud when it is in use.
Braun Series-3/3270 Epilator
For the next product on our list, we are getting back to Braun.
The Braun Series 3/3270 epilator is one of the best epilators for underarms, arms, legs, and face.
You will get long-lasting results with this product. You also get an additional shaver head with this product.
It has a rotating body and is one of the best epilators for beginners in India. This product can be used on both dry and wet skin.
- You can experience less pain epilating with this product.
- You can epilate any surface of your body with this product.
- This might cause ingrown hairs.
- It is noisy when it is being used.
Philips BRE245/00 Corded Compact Epilator
Getting back to Philips for our next product on this list, let me introduce the Philips BRE245/00 corded compact epilator.
It can be used anywhere on the body except for the face. It can also be used around your intimate areas, which makes it one of the best epilators for intimate areas.
It should not be used on wet skin. You do not have to worry about the battery life as it is a corded epilator.
Furthermore, it comes with a two-year warranty and removes hair from the follicles without much pain.
- This is a two in one product, that is, an epilator cum shaver.
- There are speed settings available on this product.
- The design of this product is so flawless that you will be able to hold it comfortably.
- It gives you a smooth epilator experience causing no bumps on your skin.
- You can wash the head of this epilator, hence, it is hygienic.
- It is corded and hence you cannot use it anywhere and anytime.
Philips Satinelle Advanced Hair Removal Epilator
Next on our list is the Philips Satinelle Epilator with advanced hair removal technology. This epilator is suitable for both body and face.
It can be used on both dry and wet skin. It has a battery life of 2 hours which is good battery life.
Also, it comes with a warranty of 2 years and is also quite affordable because of its cheap and reasonable price. With this epilator, you can get a clean look.
- It can be used on wet skin as well as dry skin.
- The battery life is long-lasting.
- There is a skin stretcher with this product that reduces pain.
- The S shape handle is very convenient.
- It should not be used on the face.
- It is not a durable product.
Havells FD5050 Epilator
Last but not the least, let us take a look at a Havells epilator, the Havells FD5050. It is one of the best epilators for sensitive skin.
It can be used on the face, on the body, underarms, and also on the bikini areas. Also, it should not be used on wet skin at all.
Another great thing is that this device has a decent battery life of one hour.
With its 20 tweezers system, you get flawless skin.
- As it is a corded epilator, you do not have to worry about the battery life.
- A sensitive cap is equipped with the product, which makes it easier to use the product in sensitive areas.
- The handle has a good grip.
- There are two-speed settings.
- As they are corded, they are useless if you have no power.
- It is nonwashable with water.
Sadly, this one is not currently available, check this alternative model instead, Braun Epilator for women- Silk Epil 7 7-561 with 6 extra attachments.
What to Look for When Buying an Epilator
A lot of you might wonder “How do I choose an epilator?”
Well, that is what this buying guide is for.
Let us look at a few things that you need to keep in mind before you buy an epilator.
- First and foremost you need to check whether the epilator you buy can be used on dry skin or wet skin. Most epilators work best on dry skin. But there are also certain epilators that you can use on wet skin or under the shower. So check this before buying or you end up using your epilator in the wrong manner.
- Check whether you want a corded or battery-operated epilator. Both have their pros and cons. A corded epilator would not have you worrying about the battery life, but also you would not be able to use it anywhere and anytime. Whereas in the case of cordless epilators, you can use them anywhere and anytime but also you have the battery life and charging time to worry about.
- Check the number of tweezers present in your epilator. The number of tweezers on an epilator can range from 1 to 72. The more the number of tweezers, the quicker your hair removal will be. But with quicker hair removal and more tweezers, your hair removal will be more painful but will be short-lived.
- There are specific epilators for specific areas of your body. So buy your epilator according to what body part you want to use it on.
Benefit of using epilators
- As epilation pulls out hair by the roots, this process gives you a long-lasting result, keeping your skin smoother longer than shaving. Source.
- You would not have to ensure that your hair is long grown before using an epilator. Epilators can get rid of even the tiniest hairs.
- Epilators are for sure painful but they are way less painful than getting your hairs waxed.
- Hair grows back with more fine tips if you epilate, and hence, the hairs are less noticeable.
- Epilators can be used all over the body, on the face, arms, legs, bikini area, underarms, and every other surface.
- For sensitive skin, there are separate types of epilators.
- Provides fast hair removal at home.
Disadvantages of using epilators
- For beginners, the pain can be terrible when using epilators. Even though the epilator pain is less than waxing pain, the pain is still terrible.
- People who are prone to ingrown hair can get more ingrown hair due to epilating, which will cause bumps on the skin.
- Epilators are a lot costlier than disposable razors and shaving cream.
- The charging time and battery life of epilators can be a matter of inconvenience for many people.
- There might be redness on your skin caused because of epilation.
- For some people, epilating sensitive areas can be painful.
Some commonly asked questions about epilators
Which is the best epilator to buy?
There are several epilators that are good for women. Some epilators are good for the face, some for the body, some for intimate areas. There are several varieties of epilators available for women, each best in its ways.
I have discussed several good epilators for women in this article previously. Some of the best brands of epilators are Braun and Philips.
Are epilators better than waxing?
Epilators are good for very short surface-level hair. One cannot wax unless they have long hairs on their body. Waxing is not for short surface-level hair. Both waxing and using epilators lasts for 3 to 4 weeks.
Which epilator is best for the full body?
Several epilators are good for the full body of a woman. Some of the companies that have epilators like these as their products are Braun and Philips. Companies like Havells and Panasonic are also involved with the production of a variety of epilators. For more details, refer to the previous subheadings of this article.
Which epilator is better, Braun or Philips?
When it comes to the usage of epilators, Braun and Philips both deliver what they are supposed to.
But it has been reported by some users that Philips epilators cause more breakage of hair than Braun Epilators.
Braun epilators, on the other hand, make the whole hair removal process smoother than ever.
So yes, both of them are good in their ways, but if it comes to a debate, then Braun epilators might just grab the top spot.
Do epilators stop hair growth?
Epilators do not stop hair growth immediately. But with regular use of an epilator on the same area, you might damage the hair follicles, which will result in the stopping of hair growth completely, eventually.
Do epilators cause ingrown hairs?
Epilators do not cause ingrown hairs. To ensure this, you should use a good epilator. Some cheap or non-branded epilators might cause ingrown hairs. But yes, any good epilator does not cause ingrown hairs at all.
How long do epilators last?
Most epilators come with a warranty of two years. All epilators last somewhat more than two years and some last maybe less than two years. The average life of an epilator is two years. To maintain your hygiene, you should make sure to change your epilator every two years.
Which is the least painful epilator?
There are several epilators that are good for sensitive skin. Some of them are the Braun Silk-épil 5 5-280, Panasonic ES-ED50-N Epilator, and Braun Silk-épil 9 9-579 Epilator.
Other than that there are a few tips for making your epilation less painful.
For example, shaving before epilating, epilating after a warm shower, or taking a counter pain medicine thirty minutes before epilating might help with the pain.
In conclusion, I would like to give my verdict on epilating. Well, I think epilating is a way easier and better way to remove body hair than waxing
There are a lot of cons to waxing and also, sometimes, you need to visit a professional to get your waxing done right.
But in the case of epilating, you can do that easily yourself within the comfort of your home.
In my opinion, all of the Braun epilators are superb, whether you are a beginner or experienced in epilation.
Other than that, for the advantage of the user, I have explained seven epilators in this article previously, and with the buying guide, also mentioned in this article, it will be really easy for you to choose your epilator.
growing Geeks Community of 3000+ & counting..
Get fast access to gadgets, tech news & deals!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.