Music is a sentiment, is an emotion, is the best thing that an individual can experience. Music gives you pleasure, makes you feel relaxed after a stressful day.
It is always a good idea to pleasure yourself and entertain yourself by learning a musical instrument.
So let us talk about guitars here. Keep reading this article to know every basic thing about guitars, the benefits, disadvantages and also take a look at a few guitars that are perfect for beginners.
Selection Process Best Guitars for Beginners
We selected the products mentioned here based on the following criteria:
- The structure of the guitars and whether it will be easier for a beginner to hold them.
- The quality of strings.
- The price and if it is a good budget for beginners.
- The audio quality of the guitars.
Top Six Guitars for Beginners in India
Yamaha f310 Guitar
The first guitar on our list of the best guitars for beginners in India is the Yamaha f310 guitar. It is good to look at with its sturdy wooden fretboard with sleek black accents.
With the perfect sound quality and string quality, Yamaha, one of the best guitar manufacturing brands in India, presents to you the f310 Guitar.
It has a smaller neck which makes it easier for beginners to play.
The quality is top-notch, and the weight is also less.
The Sound quality is superb.
It is a bit overpriced for beginners.
The body is kind of large which makes it hard for beginners to play riffs and arpeggios.
Juarez JRZ38C Acoustic Guitar
With a black glossy finish and 18 frets, the Juarez JRZ38C is the second entry in our list of the best guitars for beginners.
It is one of the best acoustic guitars for beginners in India.
With its attractive and sleek design, it provides an innovative learning experience for beginners.
It is 38 inches in size and 2.72 kgs in weight which is not at all really heavyweight and hence easier to carry around.
It has such a design that it makes it easier for the player to reach each fret easily.
With its price, we can categorize it as one of the best guitars for beginners in India under 3000.
The cutaway at the fretboard makes it easier for one to reach each fret and makes holding the guitar easier.
It has a perfect wood finish and perfect construction.
The guitar has a specific design for both left and right-handed people.
The price is quite low and perfect for a beginner.
It is not as long-lasting as some other, more expensive guitars.
Fender CD 60 Dread V3 DS 6 String Acoustic Guitar
Fender is one of the top international brands of guitar manufacturers.
Fenders bring to you the CD 60 Dread V3 DS acoustic guitar, which is one of the best guitars in India under 15,000 Indian Rupees.
With suitable space between each of its 20 frets, this full-size, dreadnought guitar can be a great acoustic guitar for a beginner.
The body of this guitar is made up of Mahogany and Sprucewood. It weighs 4.5 kg and could feel slightly heavy for some beginners.
It gives a great acoustic feel and is perfectly well balanced.
It is great for playing finger style.
It has a wide and spacious fretboard which makes it easier to play.
It is good for long-term use.
It could be slightly heavier than other guitars, but not much of a disadvantage.
Beginners might want to spend less than the price of this guitar for their first guitar.
Yamaha F280 Acoustic Guitar
A little similar to the F310 model of Yamaha, Yamaha F280 is another great choice of guitar for beginners.
It is one of the best guitars in India under 10,000. It is a full-sized 45.5-inch guitar with a sleek wooden finish.
The body of this guitar is made up of rosewood and it has a glossy finish.
It has a weight of 2.8 kg which makes it a fairly lightweight guitar.
Because of its good finger spacing, it is a superb model for finger-style players.
It is a made-in-Indian product.
It has a good tonal quality and has a fresh, smooth sound.
There are no such cons to this product yet.
Yamaha Pacifica 112V
With a vintage look and beautiful finish, Yamaha brings you it’s one of the best electric guitars for beginners in India, the Pacifica 112V.
It has an Alder wood body and Maple wood neck. The size of this model is 25.5 inches, and the fingerboard is made up of rosewood.
Furthermore, it has 22 frets and is usable for both left and right-handed people.
It has the basic controls that are present in an electric guitar- the master volume, and master tone with push or pull coil split.
It is greatly playable.
It has a good, wide range of features.
It can be a bit overpriced for beginners.
All the finishes are not always attractive.
Squier Classic Vibe ‘50s Stratocaster
Next on our list comes the best overall guitar for beginners, that is, the Squier Classic Vibe ‘50s Stratocaster.
It has a body made of pinewood, a neck made of maple wood, and the fingerboard too made of Maplewood.
This model comprises twenty-one frets. It is 25.4 inches in size.
It has an impressive structure and finishes.
It has a wide range of finishes.
We can consider it to be pricey for some beginners.
Types of Guitars
Steel String Acoustic Guitar
An acoustic guitar is a guitar that uses its guitar body to amplify the sound of the vibrating strings acoustically through the air.
This is the most traditional type of guitar and every beginner should prefer to begin learning with acoustic guitars.
Once you learn how to play an acoustic guitar, playing other guitars will become easy for you.
This type of guitar does not require any kind of electrical amplification.
The sound amplifies with the help of the hollow body of this type of guitar.
Classical Guitar with Nylon Strings
Guitars that are used in classical music are known as classical guitars. Wiki.
They have strings made of nylon which are very soft to the touch.
Classical guitars are not generally recommended for beginners.
Still one of the best classical guitars for beginners is the Yamaha NTX700.
We always recommend it for beginners to begin their learning with acoustic guitars or electric guitars.
Electric guitars might just be the coolest guitars to ever exist.
With their sleek design, they are always cool to hold and look impressive on anyone.
For musical genres like death metal and hard rock, electric guitars are the best choice.
They require amplifiers to amplify their sound and possess a variety of sound settings.
This guitar converts the string vibrations into electrical signals which are magnified by amplifiers.
Things to Keep in Mind While Buying a Guitar
Here is the beginner guide on how to choose a guitar. The list comprises things that you should look for while buying your first guitar.
- First and foremost, the guitar you choose should be comfortable to hold and play. For beginners, this is more important than the sound quality of your guitars.
- Consider the size and shape of your guitar. There are various sizes of guitars available. Choose the size you feel most comfortable with.
- Next, you should look for the action of guitars. The actions of a guitar mean the height of the strings from the fretboard. This is because, the more the action of a guitar is, the more pressure you will need to apply to play. So choose accordingly.
- Next comes string quality. Not only beginners, every guitarist, from intermediate to expert, should always look for the best string quality while buying a guitar.
- Last but not the least, of course, check the price before buying. Beginners should not spend a lot on guitars, so check the best price offers before buying a guitar.
Why Should You Learn To Play Guitar
Learning any kind of musical instrument is for sure a matter of pleasure and interest to an individual.
But yes, other than providing an individual and others with entertainment and pleasure, learning an instrument can benefit someone in a lot of ways.
Let us take a look at a few ways how learning a guitar can benefit an individual.
- Learning a guitar, or any musical instrument in this case can build confidence in an individual. The more you learn to play, the better you get and the better you get, the more confidence you earn in yourself.
- It can add a skill set to your profile. Learning any kind of skill can be useful in any situation. Even if you do not end up performing in shows and concerts, you can just keep playing out of your passion and love for the instrument.
- Learning anything can always make you focus more and increase your concentration. It is the same as the case of guitars. Learning guitars and focusing on learning each and everything crucially will build your concentration and focus.
- Other than focusing your mind, it also increases your memory. Turns out remembering each chord, playing technique, scales, and everything requires a lot of memory capacity.
- Last but not the least, it keeps you mentally healthy. Amidst a day of stress and pressure, strumming your guitar for an hour every day will help you relax and release your stress.
Now, it is a common question that what should a beginner learn to play with? An electric guitar or an acoustic guitar?
Keep reading the next point to find out about the pros and cons of an electric and acoustic guitar and decide for yourself what you want to start learning with.
Pros and Cons of Acoustic Guitar
- If you start learning about an acoustic guitar, then you will easily be able to play electric guitars.
- Acoustic guitars are very soothing to the ear.
- You would not need to spend an extra amount of money on buying any cable and amplifiers for your acoustic guitar.
- You can learn the finger picking technique if you begin your guitar learning with an acoustic guitar.
- An acoustic guitar is a harder instrument to play, so if you learn to play acoustic guitar, you will easily be able to play an electric guitar.
- You can use a capo on your acoustic guitar and learn to play different tuning.
- They are cheaper than electric guitars.
- You cannot change the sound effects of an acoustic guitar, which you can do with electric guitars.
- For genres like death metal and rock, acoustic guitars are not at all suitable.
- The strings of acoustic guitars will hurt your finger quite a bit if you are a beginner, but you will get used to it gradually.
- Acoustic guitars are bulkier than electric guitars.
Pros and Cons of Electric Guitar
- They have plenty of effects that you can freely experiment with.
- They are perfect for genres like death metal and hard rock.
- The strings are soft and hence they do not hurt your fingers.
- They are sleek and would look cool and impressive on you.
- They are louder than acoustic guitars, and the volume is adjustable through an amplifier.
- The neck of an electric guitar is slim, which allows guitarists to position their hands better.
- They have too many attachments, such as amplifiers, paddles, and so on.
- They are harder to carry because of their attachments.
- The quality of electric guitars deteriorates with age, unlike acoustic guitars.
- They are much more costly than acoustic guitars. Then comes the added costs of all the accompanying equipment.
- You could not play an electric guitar without an amplifier.
Which is the best guitar for beginners in India?
Beginners should start their guitar practice with an acoustic guitar. Several acoustic guitars are fit for a beginner.
Some of them are Yamaha F310 acoustic guitar, Yamaha FG800 acoustic guitar, Cort AD810-OP acoustic guitar, and many more.
I have discussed some guitars in this article previously.
How much should you spend on a beginner guitar?
A beginner should spend about 2000 to 2400 in Indian rupees for a guitar.
If they are looking for a superb guitar of a great brand, then the minimum they need to spend is around 3000 Indian rupees and the maximum a beginner should spend on a guitar is 4000 Indian Rupees.
It should not cost more than that.
Concluding of this article, I hope this guide will help you choose your first guitar pretty effectively.
As I have mentioned, I would again like to imply that beginners should not spend a lot on guitars.
Yes, some expensive guitars are indeed worth the budget you spend on them as they are very long-lasting.
But just in case, start with a cheaper guitar. It is better not to spend over 10,000 Indian rupees on a beginner guitar.
But yes, if you start learning with electric guitars, then you will have to spend much more than necessary because of the accompaniment.
Other than that, it is totally up to you to select your guitar for your first guitar lesson.
growing Geeks Community of 3000+ & counting..
Get fast access to gadgets, tech news & deals!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.