If you are obsessed with technologies, specifically computers, and Full HD monitors then you must have heard about mechanical keyboards.
We have seen many wonders of technology in recent years, a mechanical keyboard is one such wonder.
Mechanical keyboards are specifically useful for pc gamers, as a keyboard plays a very important role in any gaming session.
What is a Mechanical Keyboard?
It is a high-quality keyboard and sturdy keyboard. The specialty of a mechanical keyboard is that they have switches below the keycap.
So when you press down a key it activates the actual switch below, which has a spring attached to it.
Due to the presence of the spring, you will hear the clicking sound while you are typing which ensures that you have not missed anything.
Why A Mechanical Keyboard Over An Ordinary PC Keyboard?
- Since they have mechanical switches, so mechanical keyboards are more durable than membrane keyboards.
- Mechanical keyboards can withstand more repetitive strokes due to their metal on metal contact, which is good for fast typists.
- The sound that mechanical keyboards make ensures that your typing has been properly registered.
- On a mechanical keyboard, you can press more keys at the same time than an ordinary keyboard. This N-Key rollover feature is beneficial for gamers.
- These are easier to maintain as you can separate the keycaps and the flat plastic, clean them and reattach them.
Overall, mechanical keyboards are more accurate, quick, and durable than an ordinary PC keyboard and are also customizable.
Now let’s check the list for some of the best available Mechanical Keyboards.
List of best budget Mechanical Keyboards available online in India
|TVS Gold Bharat Gold
|Zebronics Zeb-Max Pro
|Logitech G Prodigy G213
|Redragon Kumara K552
|HyperX Alloy HX-KB1BL1-NA/A3 FPS
|HyperX Alloy FPS Pro
|HyperX Alloy Core
TVS Gold Bharat Gold
Let’s start the list with a simple wired mechanical keyboard.
TVS Gold Bharat Gold perfectly fits that option.
It is a mechanical keyboard with durable mechanical switches. The font on the keycaps is etched with the laser which remains intact for a really long time.
The keyboard is bilingual, you can work in two languages.
It is a very lightweight keyboard, weighing only 660 gms.
At a low budget, it is one of the best wired mechanical keyboards available for everyday simple use.
- One definite advantage of this keyboard is having the current Indian rupee sign, which is not easily available until now.
- The keys have a soft sound, do not make much noise.
- The product is highly reliable with more than 200,000 hours MTBF.
- The keyboard is big in size compared to other similar types of keyboards.
Also read: Redgear Pro Series Wireless Gamepad reviews
Redragon K551 Vara
The Redragon K551 Vara is a wired mechanical keyboard with 104 Kaliah Brown mechanical switches.
These Brown switches are from one of the leading Chinese companies, Kaliah, which are known for making “Silent” switches.
This turdy keyboard is made up of hard plastic with a metal plate on top. It comes with a long braided cable and a USB connector.
The keyboard has RGB backlighting with 8 different LED modes and 6 different profiles. You can even adjust the Chroma Luminous Light that the keyboard eliminates as per your requirement during day or night.
The keyboard has a lifespan of up to 70 million keystrokes and 8it has fully anti-ghosting features, which makes it more suitable for gamers and professional programmers.
The floating keycaps and switches are designed in such a way that you don’t have to press down completely for activation.
The keyboard is portable, you can easily carry it anywhere.
This is one of the best gaming mechanical keyboards that you can buy right now..
- It has the special Windows Key Lock option so that gamers don’t get interrupted with Windows pop-up during their games.
- The low force and actuation point of the Kaliah Brown “Silent” switches helps in faster gameplay, thus making it perfect for professional gamers.
- The only complaint is Kaliah Brown switches are not as good as Cherry MX switches.
Check this out: Best Full HD & 4K Ultra HD Monitors in India
Zebronics Zeb- Max pro
Zebronics Zeb- Max pro is another full-size mechanical keyboard that is wired.
This sturdy keyboard has 104 tactile switches, with 12 multimedia keys.
The multimedia switches are integrated with media control which provides easy access.
The keyboard has a blue colored LED backlight with 7 different LED modes and 5 different levels of LED brightness.
The keys on the keyboard have a life span of up to 10,000,000 keystrokes.
It supports Windows, Linux, and Mac.
This keyboard comes with a retractable stand and a long braided cable with a USB connector.
This heavy duty keyboard weighs around 1.15 kg and has a height of 3 mm and its width is 12 mm.
Zebronics Zeb- Max pro is suitable for playing games and also for programming purposes.
- The LED backlight system can be switched on or off as per your preference.
- It has an anti-ghosting feature.
- Durability of the keys is an issue.
Logitech G Prodigy G213
This is another wired mechanical gaming keyboard. This one is from Logitech.
Logitech G Prodigy G213 has an excellent backlighting system. It has 5 different customizable RGB lighting zones which have a spectrum of over 16.8 million. You can set colors for specific games as per your choice.
Not much light comes out from the sides of the keycaps so that most of the light can come out through the fonts.
The commands of the 12 Function keys are programmable. And it also has separate keys for easy control of media like music or video.
The keyboard is compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 or later.
The tactile switches register responses ultra-quick and the anti-ghosting gaming matrix provides optimal gaming experience. You can press down multiple keys simultaneously during your gaming sessions.
Logitech Gaming Software is required for setting up various customizable programs.
- This keyboard is 4 times faster than any other standard keyboards.
- It is splash resistant.
- The light illumination system makes the fonts more prominent in the dark, making it easier to find.
No complaints till now.
Also read: Best Mobile Gaming Headphones under 2000
Redragon Kumara K552 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
This full-size gaming keyboard is wired and has custom mechanical switches.
The mechanical switches are tactile in nature, they come with medium resistance and an audible click sound.
The base of this sturdy keyboard is made up of airplane-grade aluminum and has a gold plated USB connector that can withstand hardcore gaming.
This full-size Tenkeyless i.e. TKL keyboard has 104 conflict-free standard keys and 12 dual-action multimedia and Function keys. It also has the anti-ghosting feature.
The keyboard has a red LED backlighting with 10 adjustable brightness levels. Due to the double-shot injection molded keycaps, the backlighting comes out uniformly through the keys.
A Keycap Puller tool is provided in the package, so that you can clean the keyboard or if you want to change the keycaps.
- The plate mounted mechanical keys are durable and have high responsiveness. The keys have a lifespan of 50 million keystrokes.
- The keyboard is splash-proof and its rear feet provide a non-slippery structure.
- It has the Windows lockout key.
- The mechanical switches are Cherry Blue equivalent but not originally Cherry MX switches.
Check this out: Coolest Gaming Headsets under 5000 in India
HyperX Alloy FPS HX-KB1BL1-NA/A3
The specialty of this gaming keyboard is the original Cherry MX Blue mechanical keys.
This sturdy keyboard has a metal alloy top plate.
The keyboard comes with red backlight keys. There are 6 preset LED modes and 5 different levels of brightness. The modes are also customizable.
The game mode of this keyboard prevents Windows pop-up and together with anti-ghosting and full N-key rollover features, it is perfect for long gaming sessions.
The keyboard is highly portable. You can easily carry it in the high-quality mesh travel pouch provided in the package. The detachable USB cord reduces the need for bulk cables.
The keyboard is quite lightweight, it weighs only 1.06 kg.
The keyboard is ideal for FPS gameplay.
- Its USB port can also be used for charging other devices.
- The Cherry MX switches have high responsiveness and are durable with a lifespan of 50 million keystrokes.
- Its space-saving compact design and additional colored textured keycaps are perfect for FPS gameplay.
No complaints until now.
Must read: Best Power Banks with Fast Charging
Here comes the list of some of the best wireless mechanical keyboards available online.
Logitech MK345 is a wireless mechanical keyboard that comes with a right-handed Logitech wireless mouse. The combo pack provides a 2.4 GHz speed wireless connectivity.
Through a nano sensor, both the keyboard and the mouse get connected to the computer. The wireless connection can work for a distance of up to 10 meters.
It is a full-size keyboard along with adequate space for palm rest. The mouse also has a palm rest.
The device is compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 and later, Chrome OS, and Linux Kernel 2.6 Plus.
The battery life of the keyboard is around 3 years and that of the muse is approximately 18 months, though that depends on the kind of usage.
This is another lightweight keyboard that weighs only 605 gms. It has a height of 18.67 cms and a width of 44.72 cms. The height is adjustable.
Among the 12 Function keys, some are allotted with media control and others are customizable.
The keyboard has a USB port.
Within a low budget this is one of best wireless mechanical keyboards which is perfect for normal work.
- The keyboard is spill proof, which ensures the durability of the product.
- The function keys provide easy access to media control like mute, volume control, play, pause, etc,
- The keys make a low whisper-like sound.
- The keyboard is not backlit.
HyperX Alloy FPS Pro Tenkeyless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
HyperX Alloy FPS Pro is a tenkeyless mechanical keyboard with a metallic touch which makes it sturdy and the bottom rubber grip makes it resistant to slip.
It is a heavy duty keyboard with a retractable stand and braided cable.
The keyboard has 87 keys. The keys have tactile switches and the keycaps are easily removable.
The keyboard is also equipped with RGB backlights. It has other two variants where you’ll get CHERRY MX Blue or Red1 key switches.
This is an anti-ghosting keyboard, so you can use more than 2 keys simultaneously.
It weighs around 1.9 kg with a height of 8.5 cm and a width of 51 cm.
HyperX Alloy FPS Pro is one of the best TKL mechanical gaming keyboards available under 7000INR in India.
- A high-quality detachable USB connector is available.
- The keyboard is compatible with Mac OS.
- It has one of the best backlight systems.
- The keyboard is very suitable for gaming purposes.
- Many Mac OS users are having compatibility isuues.
Some other high quality Tenkeyless mechanical keyboards also deserve a mention. Though they belong to a higher price range. See them below.
This wired Corsair mechanical keyboard has Cherry MX Speed mechanical switches, which are capable of great speed and have 1.2 mm actuation. It is a full-size keyboard.
It has an aircraft-grade anodized brushed aluminum frame which makes it highly durable. It also has a full-length detachable wrist rest, which has a soft-touch finish on both sides.
The keyboard has 8 MB profile storage which allows access to up to 3 stored profiles.
You can adjust the color and illumination level of each key and it also has 19 additional light zones on the top edge light bar.
The keyboard is equipped with 6 programmable gaming macro keys and also a volume roller. Each of these macro keys can be assigned with any single function or a complex multi-key combo.
It has a full anti-ghosting feature.
The keyboard weighs around 1.32 kg and has a height of 1.4 inches and its width is 6.7 inches.
- This is a premium RGB gaming keyboard with 110 keys.
- With the help of Corsair iCUE Software, you can control RGB lighting, customize effects, remap keys, and many other features.
- You can also program special streaming commands through Elgato Stream Deck software.
- The speedy Cherry MX switches are extremely helpful for gaming sessions.
No complaints so far.
HyperX Alloy Elite – HX-KB2RD1-US/R1
This is another keyboard with Cherry MX mechanical switches. It is available with Cherry MX Red, Blue, and Brown switches.
HyperX Alloy Elite has a solid steel frame and a full-length detachable wrist rest with soft-touch coating. The solid steel frame ensures durability.
It is equipped with 6 different light effects and is integrated with an 18 LED light bar.
At the top right-hand side corner, there are buttons for media control and a wheel for easy control of volume.
There are also quick-access buttons on the keyboard for controlling the brightness, lighting effects, and the game mode.
The keyboard has the full anti-ghosting feature and N-key rollover functionality.
The keycaps are removable and have an additional titanium-colored texture which ensures accuracy.
It is a wired keyboard that can be connected through a USB 2.0 port.
The device weighs around 1.50 kg and its height is 3.81 cm and width is 16.89 cm.
Overall this is a durable keyboard with sturdy look and stability.
- The wrist rest is useful for the prevention of wrist fatigue if you are engaged in a long gaming session.
- It has brilliant lighting features with dynamic effects and HyperX red backlighting.
- With three kinds of switches available, you can choose which one you want to use based on your requirement of low actuation level, or high APM, or crisp tactile feel for extra accuracy.
No negative comments so far.
Corsair K95 and HyperX Alloy Elite have some of the best Cherry MX switches on their keyboards.
A Buying Guide For Mechanical Keyboard
Size and Layout
Keyboards come in different sizes and layouts.
Full-size keyboards which are 100% come with the number pad along with all other keys. This is only suitable for people who frequently need the number pad.
Then comes the compact keyboards which are available in 4 different sizes – 80% (tenkeyless), 75%, 68%, and 60%.
On the tenkeyless keyboard, only the number pad does not exist. All other keys remain the same.
The 75% board is similar to 80%, but the keys are placed very close to each other to reduce the size.
60% to 68% keyboards do not contain the function keys, though the arrow keys remain intact.
There is another type i.e. the Ergonomic keyboard. Their sizes remain the same as above mentioned, but they can be split down from the middle. Some are partially splittable while some are fully splittable.
Partially split means they have a small gap in the middle but are connected at the bottom. But fully splittable keyboards are the most flexible ones, you can keep them at any angle as per your preference.
So, you have to decide what kind of layout and size of the keyboard you need based on your space available.
Mechanical keyboards generally have three types of switches.
- Linear Switch – These are smooth to press down.
- Tactile Switch – If you press down successfully then you will notice a bump partway through the key press.
- Clicky Switch – These are similar to tactile switches but along with the bump there is also a click sound.
The most common mechanical switches are the Cherry MX switches.
Among them, Cherry MX Brown is the popular tactile switch that is suitable for most tasks, whereas Cherry MX Red is particularly good for playing games.
However, Cherry MX Blue is quite noisy and not recommendable if you are using it in a shared place.
Keyboards with backlights look really stunning. So if you want such a keyboard check for backlights. Backlights can also be customized, but that is rather costly.
It is better to look for a keyboard in which you can easily change the cable. As the cable gets damaged long before the keyboard. It is also useful if you often travel with your keyboard.
For gaming purposes, it is better to have a keyboard that has good customizable software. It helps you to change key bindings, record macros, and also to customize RGB lighting, which some people prefer during gaming sessions.
These are some of the features that you should consider before purchasing a mechanical keyboard.
Having a mechanical keyboard means you are investing to get a better version of a keyboard which is something that we use on a daily basis. So why not invest in something to make us feel better.
Especially for hardcore pc gamers or professional programmers, these mechanical keyboards are really helpful.
So, if you are among them it is advisable to go for one of these keyboards.
There are some special gaming keyboards which you can check and also some low budget mechanical keyboards that can be useful for daily normal works.
Check the list and grab one of those cool keyboards with stunning RGB backlit, which will definitely give you excellent working experience.