Health is wealth. As the saying goes, we are in a situation where the COVID-19 pandemic is reminding us everyday that we cannot compromise with our health at any cost.
Doctors always prescribe that a bit of walking and jogging everyday will help our body much more than any medicine can do.
Morning walk or run not only helps to lose weight but also gives you a morning boost, helps you to have a good sleep at night and also keeps your heart problems in check.
But now that we don’t have the scope of going out, having a treadmill at home can serve your purpose of running, jogging or walking.
A treadmill is the most basic gym equipment that anybody can have at home but it gives too many benefits.
It is not important to have a whole gym set up at home for maintaining your health, having a simple treadmill will surely help you to keep your body fit.
A recent study by JSAMS a.k.a. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, revealed that running on treadmills useful for people coming out of leg injuries. As less pressure on the plantar while running on treadmills.
Some of the good benefits of having a Home Treadmill
- It is medically helpful for your body. You can use it for walking or running and can burn calories. It will also increase your heart strength, blood circulation in your body, and improves joint flexibility. You can lose up to more than 1 kg in a week through a regular treadmill routine.
- You can have variations in your workout with a change in speeds, incline, or decline and can also take intervals.
- You can work out whenever you want and for whatever time length you prefer. At home, nobody will complain about you hogging the machine. Also, you can wear whatever you want. There are no restrictions on clothes.
- A treadmill does not require much space and most of them are also foldable. And you can place it where you want. Like in front of the TV, and you can watch your favorite show while running.
How to buy the best treadmill for home use in India?
First you have to decide on a few factors on your end.
- Budget – How much you are ready to spend on any treadmill.
- Usage – What is your workout goal. How many people will use it. Whether you are more inclined to walking or running. As running requires a longer belt than walking.
- Space – How much space do you have. For small spaces you can always go for a folding one.
- Extra Features – What are the extra specifications that you are looking for. Like heart rate and calorie burned monitor or speakers etc.
Then look into these specific factors that you should always consider while buying a treadmill.
Manual or Motorized Treadmill – First you need to decide whether you want a manual one or an automatic one. A manual treadmill does not have any motor and is much cheaper than any motorized treadmill. If your budget is low then go for a manual one.
Motor – Motors are measured in two terms – horsepower (HP) and continuous horsepower (CHP). CHP is better as it gives detail of how much power a motor can put out continuously instead of while it is at its peak. It is advisable to choose a treadmill between 2.5 to 4.25 CHP.
It will also depend on the type of usage – for walking 2.0 CHP or higher, for jogging 2.5 CHP or higher and for running 3.0 CHP or higher.
Also depending on your weight, the power of the motor may need to be increased. If your weight is above 90 kgs then you should add another 0.5 CHP to each of the above motor specifications.
Track Size – It will depend on whether you want to use it for walking or running. The standard track length requirement for walking is 55 inches and for running is 58 to 60 inches. Industry standard track width is 20 inches.
Track Belt Durability – In terms of thickness the belt should have a two-ply or four-ply, as they are more durable than single-ply. The metal roller should be ideally 2.5’ in diameter.
Lubrication is another important aspect of the track belt. Treadmill belts are usually infused with silicone or other lubricants for smooth performance.
Track Speed – In general 10 mph is adequate for running at home.
Track Cushioning – the running bed should be able to absorb shock and the belt should not remove while the foot strikes to prevent injury.
Incline or Decline – An incline helps to burn more calories and reduces stress on joints.most treadmills have a 10, 15 or 20 percent of incline. Some brands also include the decline feature.
Weight Capacity – On average a treadmill can support 100 to 200kg. Your treadmill should have a bearing capacity of at least 20kg more than your weight so that there is no extra pressure on the motor.
Space Coverage and Portability – Most treadmills are folding in nature so they do not cover much floor space. Many treadmills also have transport wheels so you can move them anywhere you want.
Safety features – Auto stop is the most important safety feature that you should always consider in a treadmill. It is usually controlled with a key.
You attach the key to the machine when you are using it and remove it once you are done so that there is no accidental activation of the treadmill which will lead to injury.
Now let’s see some of the best treadmills that you will get online in India.
These are our top 5 recommendations.
|Product||Capacity [kg]||Manaual/Motorized||Our Ratings|
|RPM Fitness RPM810||100||Manual||4.0/5|
|RPM Fitness RPM800||100||Manual||4.5/5|
|Kobo Motorised Fitness Treadmill||100||Motorized||4.3/5|
|Powermax Fitness UrbanTrek TD-M4||100||Motorized||4.4//5|
List of 10 Best Manual & Motorized Treadmills for Home use In India 2021
Let’s start the list with some manual treadmills.
RPM Fitness RPM810 Manual Treadmill
RPM Fitness RPM810 is a black colored folding manual treadmill.
It has a running surface of 43 inches x 14 inches along with a colored LCD display.
The display monitor shows your speed, distance covered, running time, and calories burned.
The handle bars are designed in such a way that your upper body will be involved and thus the full body works.
It shows the speed based on how fast your feet are moving on the belt.
The treadmill has 3 levels of inclination.
It has a weight capacity of up to 100kg.
- The display also shows the heart rate.
- The machine folds vertically so it does cover much floor space.
- It has transport wheels so you can move them anywhere you want.
- The package comes with a free toolkit for installation.
Verdict: A good treadmill for 100kg user weight in India.
Check this out: HEALTH IS WEALTH: TOP 10 BP MONITORS IN INDIA
RPM Fitness RPM800 Manual Multi-functional Treadmill
The previous one was a simple manual treadmill whereas RPM Fitness RPM800 is a multi-functional manual treadmill, which is made up of a thick and robust metal frame that ensures durability.
This non-motorized treadmill along with a running belt has a twister attached to it at the back, a pair of steppers and a pair of push up handle bars at the end of each side of the side rails.
The digital dashboard with an LED screen shows speed, distance covered, time of running, pulse rate, calorie burn, and heart rate through the contact grip heart sensor on the handle bars.
It has a manual inclination with three mechanical positions.
The treadmill can support up to a maximum of 100 kg.
- The twister helps in toning the thighs, hips, and the waist.
- You can also do push-ups regularly using the bars.
- Inclination level can be changed using the knot.
- The machine is vertically foldable so it saves space and also has transport wheels that ensure portability.
Our recommendations for the best treadmill for home use in India under ₹20000.
Must read: Top 11 Best Sports Running Shoes For Men
Now lets check some automatic/motorized treadmills.
COCKATOO CTM05 Multifunction Motorized Treadmill
This black colored COCKATOO CTM05 treadmill comes with multiple features. It is of the best treadmill in India for home use in 2021.
You can easily fold this treadmill which weighs around 50kg and can itself support a maximum of 90kg of weight.
It is suitable for running, has a surface of 43.3 inches X15.3 inches (LxB). The speed ranges from 0.8 to 10 km per hour.
The treadmill has 1.25 CHP motor which goes up to 2 Hp at its peak.
The colored LED display shows speed, time of running, distance covered, calorie burned, pulse rate, and fate measure.
The machine can also measure the heart rate with the contact grip that is present on the handle bars.
The overall height and width of the treadmill are 150cm and 85cm respectively.
- It can also monitor the heart rate.
- The machine is portable. With the help of the transport wheels you can move it anywhere.
- The treadmill does not have any inclination level.
For Fitness Freaks: Best Fitness Trackers: Your Health in Your Hand
Durafit Spark Motorized Treadmill
Here is an motorized smart treadmill with advanced features.
Durafit Spark is a heavy built sturdy treadmill, made up of high-quality steel that can support 95kg of eight in case of walking. But for running it is better not to overload it with above 65kg of weight.
The treadmill runs on a DC 1.25 CHP motor whose peak output is 2.5 HP. The motor is made up of the latest copper core mesh technology.
The running surface area is 1150 x 400 mm and the running belt has a thickness of 1.8 mm. It comes with special friction coating which adds more traction.
The wide LED digital display shows speed, running time, distance covered, pulse rate, and calories burned.
It has a speed range of 1 to 12 km per hour.
There are heart rate sensors on the handle bars for taking various measures.
There are 12 preset HIIT training programs available in this machine along with the set and chase target modes.
It has transport wheels for its mobility and is foldable.
- The copper core mesh technology helps the motor to deliver better performance with very low noise and electricity consumption.
- The heart rate sensor provides an accurate real-time reading of the runner.
- The auto stop feature with the key is available in the machine.
- The package comes with a tool kit and a lubrication kit.
- The treadmill does not have any inclination level.
Verdict: The best treadmill in India under 20000
Also check out: Best AIR PURIFIERS in India: Purify the air around you
FITKIT FT098 Steel Motorized Treadmill
FITKIT FT098 is a heavy build sturdy automatic foldable treadmill that has been designed ergonomically and comes with various smart features.
It has a DC motor of 1.50 CHP which can go up to 2 HP at its peak level. The motor provides high-level performance with low electricity consumption.
The machine has a weight capacity of a maximum of 90 kg and provides a speed range of 1 km to 12.8 km per hour.
The running has an area of 1200 X 400 mm.
The stylish LED panel displays your speed, distance covered, running time, calories burned, and heart rate with the help of the heart rate sensors on the handles.
Some of its other smart features are –
- You can use Google Assistant while running.
- There is a USB port and an AUX port.
- The machine also has a built-in MP3 speaker and a bottle holder.
- It has 12 preset training programs.
- It also comes with a safety key.
- It has an anti-skid running board.
- The treadmill can be connected with the Fitplus app which will show all your stats regularly.
- You can ask how many steps you have taken, how many calories you have burned or you can even order it to speed up using the Google Assistant during the time of running.
- You can even enjoy music while working out playing through the MP3 speaker.
- No inclination level and transport wheels.
Kobo Motorised Fitness Treadmill
This motorized treadmill from Kobo not only comes with its own exquisite features but also with a multifunctional massage vibrator.
This stylish looking black colored treadmill is made up of heavy gauge steel.
The treadmill has a 1 CHP eco-friendly DC motor which can power up to 2 HP at its peak.
Its maximum weight capacity for walking is 100 kg and for running it is up to 80 kg.
The machine has a running surface of 43 inches x 15.75 inches and it provides a speed of 0.8 km to 10 km per hour.
The running belt is made up of 1.8 mm thick 6-ply polyester satin.
The LED display tracks speed, distance covered, running time, calories burned, and heart rate with the help of the contact grip heart sensors which are present on the handle bars.
Some other additional features are –
- Aux port
- In-built high-quality MP3 speakers
- Two bottle holders on each side of the dashboard
- Auto-stop key
- 12 pre-set workout programs.
The maximum noise level is 68 Db.
- Precision-machined, steel crowned rollers with dynamic balancing ensure that the belt remains in place while running and also increase the durability of the belt.
- Along with transport wheels, the machine is also foldable at a 90-degree angle so it does not cover much floor space.
- The running belt reduces shock and the PVC non-slip surface makes it skid-proof.
No free installation service.
Our recommendations for the best treadmill with large running surface.
Proline Fitness 74100A Motorized Treadmill
Proline Fitness 74100A is another motorized treadmill which is known for its wide running belt and greater than average weight capacity.
It has a 1.25 CHP DC motor which provides a speed range of 08. km to 12 km per hour.
The running surface has an area of 17.5 inches x 48 inches (L x B).
The machine has a stylish dashboard with a blue backlit LCD screen which shows your speed, distance covered, time of running, calorie burn, and heart rate with the help of the contact grip heart sensors on the handle bars.
It has a maximum weight capacity of 110 kg.
The machine has 3 levels of manual inclination.
It also has the auto stop key feature.
- The machine comes with 12 preset workout routines which will help you to achieve your workout goals for calorie loss, weight loss, leg toner, 1000 steps, etc.
- Its weight capacity is higher than most treadmills of the same category.
- It has a unique foldable feature with a soft hydraulic release which makes it easy to store anywhere and saves space.
Healthgenie Drive 4012M Motorized Treadmill
This motorized treadmill deserves a mention for its great speed.
Healthgenie Drive 4012M has a low noise 2 CHP DC motor which is also better one than most of the treadmills that we have seen so far.
It has an outstanding speed range of 1 km to 14 km per hour.
The area of the running belt is 123.5 x 42 cms and has a weight capacity of a maximum of 110 kg.
It has 5 levels of manual inclination.
The dashboard has a blue LCD screen that shows speed, distance, running time, heart rate, calorie burn, etc.
It also has two bottle holders on each side of the dashboard.
- The motor and the speed provided by it are greater than most of the treadmills.
- A silicone lubricant also comes with the package.
- It is foldable and is also portable because of its transport wheels.
- The machine itself can be a bit heavy in comparison to others.
RPM Fitness RPM2000 Motorized Treadmill
RPM Fitness RPM2000 has an excellent powerful DC motor of 1.75 CHP, which can give a power output of 3.5 HP at its peak.
This robust stable equipment can support up to 110 kg maximum and provides a speed range of 1 to 14 km per hour.
It has a wide spacious running surface of 1240 X 420 mm.
The running belt is multi-layered to absorb shock so that it can prevent injury.
The LCD panel shows speed, running time, distance, and calorie burn.
It has 3 levels of manual inclination.
Other smart features are –
- AUX port,
- USB port,
- MP3 speaker,
- Bottle holders, and
- Safety key
Ir can be controlled using the Fitplus app.
- It has a noise-free and low power consuming motor.
- The machines have been integrated with an auto lubrication system.
- It is foldable and has transport wheels.
Powermax Fitness UrbanTrek TD-M4
Saving the best for the last here comes Powermax Fitness UrbanTrek TD-M4. This one is enriched with modern technologies and comes with a powerful HiTorque DC LAMMER motor which has 2 CHP and 4 HP at its peak.
It has a very wide running space of 43.3 x 16.9 inches and provides a maximum speed of 14 km/hour and can support maximum 100 kg
The LCD display has a touch panel and it shows heart rate, speed, distance, calorie burn, and running time.
This treadmill, unlike others, folds horizontally but after folding you can make it stand.
- It is foldable and portable.
- Does not have any inclination level.
The above list includes some of the best available treadmills from different price levels.
All the treadmills are within a price range of Rs. 10000 to Rs. 35000.
You can easily get any of them, manual or automatic. Choose one which suits your criteria as well as your budget and start exercising.
Exercising is very important for your health. Even if you work out for half an hour daily, you can relish its result throughout your life.
Some Commonly Asked Questions about Treadmills
Which treadmill is best for the home in India?
There are a few brands that provide suitable treadmills for home use. You can always go for any RPM Fitness products.
They have both multifunctional manual and automatic treadmills. You can check the list for more products, each of them good for using at home.
How much does a treadmill cost in India?
Manual treadmills cost less than the electronic ones. Simple to multifunctional manual treadmills are generally available within Rs. 10000 to Rs. 15000.
However, you will also get good quality automatic treadmills within Rs. 20000 to Rs. 30000. There are also costly ones which are around Rs. 50000.
How can I buy a treadmill at home in India?
If you are a choosy buyer then its advisable to visit any gym equipment store for buying a treadmill. Otherwise good quality treadmills are also available online with their detailed specifications. So, you can buy online.
growing Geeks Community of 3000+ & counting..
Get fast access to gadgets, tech news & deals!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.