Last updated on September 10th, 2020 at 01:54 pm
A new product that is now gaining popularity in India is a graphic tablet.
Graphic design is gradually becoming a mainstream profession in our country. The creative people are getting the chance to pursue their passion, as companies are giving them the opportunity to take up graphic designing as a full-time career option.
These changes are creating the demand for a professional expert tool, which is the Graphic Tablet.
The main function of these tablets is to make digital artwork easy, precise, and more efficient.
These graphic tablets are generally featured with a high-tech screen and a stylus, to prepare any kind of drawing or designing.
What is A Graphic Tablet?
A graphic tablet is a new age technology bearing electronic gadget, which is used by people for making hand-drawn graphic designs, animations, or simple drawings.
It can also be used for writing purposes. This kind of tablet is also known as Digital Drawing Tablet or Digital Notepad.
How Will You Use A Graphics Tablet?
First, the tablet needs to be connected to a desktop or laptop via a USB port.
A pen-like gear known as the stylus comes with these tablets. Using that stylus if you draw anything on the tablet it appears on the computer screen.
If it is a display tablet then the designs drawn are shown directly on the tablet screen. Then you do not have to constantly look between two different screens.
These tablets work based on their sensitivity to pressure feature. As you put pressure on the drawing surface using the stylus lines appears on the screen. If you put more pressure while drawing, the lines will be darker.
Three Amazing Benefits Of Using A Graphic Tablet
Below are the top three benefits that you’ll get if you use a graphic tablet for your design, drawing or photo editing tasks.
Natural Drawing Motion
These drawing tablets create smoother curves and are useful for creating small complicated shapes.
Sensitive to Pressure
It can easily detect any kind of pressure.
It can be used for recreating old works. By putting the paper on the tablet you can trace it using the stylus and by detecting the pressure on it, it will be created on the screen.
Thus, it can be used for copying old works into a digital medium or also to edit them.
These tablets come with lots of custom options which are very helpful for drawing.
Thus, a graphic tablet is surely a delight for the artists.
A Guide To Help You In Buying A Graphic Tablet
Always check what resolution a tablet is providing. If you are a basic logo designer then you can manage with a basic low-resolution tablet but if you are into fine arts and producing photo-realistic drawing then a high-resolution tablet is necessary for you.
Here resolution means the number of lines a tablet can show within an inch and how much it can detect from the stylus.
Higher the Line Per Inch (LPI), more detailed is the drawing.
These tablets can have pressure sensitivity levels ranging from 300 to 3000.
Greater the pressure level, finer is the distinction in the thickness of the lines.
For a beginner, at least a 1024 pressure level is required, while for advanced drawing, a tablet with at least 2048 pressure level is required.
You should always check the overall size and the size of the active area i.e. the drawing area in a graphic tablet.
if you want to use it for creating larger drawings then look for a tablet that has a larger active area.
It refers to the speed the lines that are being drawn on the tab are appearing on the screen. It depends on the tablet’s software, so always check that before buying it.
It can be of three types – battery-powered, rechargeable, and electromagnetic resonance (EMR).
- Battery Powered – These are usually a bit thicker for accommodating the battery. You also have to carry an extra battery in case the stylus dies suddenly.
- Rechargeable – These are usually slim and can be charged anywhere by connecting it to a power source just like a phone or laptop.
- EMR – These have the innovative electromagnetic frequency, which draws power directly from the tablet, wirelessly.
If you use the tablet while traveling then look for something which has a battery life of at least 3 to 4 hours.
Most drawing tablets have some customize buttons, which have special functions. So, look for different programmable buttons and purchase according to your requirement.
Display or Non-Display
Display tablets are usually for professionals who create high quality works. Also, these are useful for beginners as it does not require to look on two screens. But it costs much higher than basic graphic tablets.
Non-display tablets are generally more durable and compact, also its prices are much lower. bUt you have to be an expert to work on these as you constantly have to check two screens.
Now let’s check what are the different types of graphic tablets available in India .
List of Different 8 Graphic Tablets Available Online in India 2020
There are primarily two types of tablets one with display and another without display. We are mentioning both the variants in this article.
Graphic Tablets With Display
These tablets are a bit expensive and are generally available within a range of Rs. 30000 to Rs. 60000.
Here are some examples of graphics tablets with displays which you can easily order from Amazon. These below mentioned tablets are all within Rs. 30000 to Rs. 50000.
XP-Pen Artist 12 Pro
XP – Pen was founded in the United States which is involved in the production of technical gadgets.
XP-Pen Artist 12 Pro is a portable graphic tablet with pen, 11.6 inches of fully laminated IPS display area.
It comes with a full HD screen. It has 72% NTSC color accuracy and provides a 178-degree viewing angle.
The screen has a replaceable anti-glare optical film that provides high transparency and scratch resistance.
The screen does not have any parallax so the mouse appears exactly where you want it to be.
It has a high resolution of 1920 * 1080.
This tablet provides up to 60-degree tilt support.
The red dial on the surface allows you to program customizable options along with 8 other shortcut keys, which brings more customizable options at your fingertips.
The battery free P2A pen is one of the best features of this device. This pen with unique hexagonal design has 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity, + / – 60 degree tilt recognition and buttons with customizable functions.
At the top of the pen, there is an eraser, however, that is compatible with only some software.
The device is compatible with Windows, Mac, and other popular digital art software. The best graphic tablets for photoshop.
- It provides rich color, dazzling view, and images with finer details in a wider view.
- The anti-glare film keeps the screen clear and reduces glare.
- The no-parallax feature gives a real paper-like feeling.
- With the tilt support, you do not need to change the brush direction every time. You can simply tilt the device and add shade to your work. It provides a more natural transition between lines and strokes.
- It also has a smart screen brightness button with which you can easily adjust the brightness.
- The pressure sensitivity ensures a high level of accuracy and helps in creating the finest sketches and lines.
- The box comes with an AC 42 easy-to-use stand and a pen holder.
- The device is ideal for digital drawing, designing, animation, and also online teaching and video conferencing.
It does not have any negative points till now.
HUION Drawing Monitor KAMVAS Pro 13
Huion is a Chinese company that manufactures high technology-based gadgets and is globally known for its graphic tablets.
HUION Drawing Monitor KAMVAS Pro 13 is one of the best of its class with a 13.3-inch display screen.
The screen is fully laminated with an anti-glare glass panel.
It is equipped with a 120% sRGB color range, which means you can witness up to 16.7 million colors while drawing on it.
The surface is adorned with a touch bar and four express keys along with an OSD function button.
The display has a 233 PPS to 266 PPS report rate and a resolution of 5081 LPI which ensures better display and faster recognition.
The tablet comes with a battery-free EMR PW507 stylus, which has two programmable buttons along with a one-touch eraser.
The two important features of the pen are 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity and +/- 60 tilt recognition.
The device is compatible with any Windows or Mac OS and can also work with many software like Adobe Photoshop, Clip Studio, etc.
It weighs around 910 grams and has a thickness of 11 mm. This is a good digital pen and pad for online tutoring in India.
- It has a very wide color range.
- The tablet is portable and fashionable to carry because of its bezel-free design.
- The four express keys which you can customize as per your preference save time and increase productivity.
- The screen has a sensing height of 10 mm.
- The box comes with a 3 in 1 cable, an adjustable stand, pen holder, and 10 replaceable pen nibs and pen clip.
- This tablet is ideal for drawing, designing, 3D sculpting, sketches, image editing, and also for online video conferences.
XP-PEN Artist 13.3 Pro
Here is another one from the house of XP – Pen, with better features than the previous one and also a higher price.
XP-PEN Artist 13.3 Pro is a portable graphic tablet with 13.3 inches of fully laminated display screen.
The FHD screen is equipped with a 123% sRGB (88% NTSC) color range, along with a 178-degree viewing angle.
It seamlessly combines the glass and the screen and has the lowest parallax.
The device supports a 60-degree tilt function which helps in recognizing the movement of the stylus and helps in accurately imitating the real tilting brush effect.
The interface has a red dial button along with 8 other shortcut keys, all help in bringing customizing functions at your fingertips. It also has a smart screen brightness adjusting button.
The tablet comes with a battery-free P2A stylus which has 8192 levels of sensitivity pressure and +/- 60 degrees of tilt recognition.
It is compatible with Windows, Mac, and many major designer software.
Along with the tablet, the package also contains –
- One AC 42 stand
- One pen holder
- One 3 in 1 cable
- One extension cord
- One HDMI to Mac adapter cable
- Eight replaceable pen nibs
- One drawing glove and
- A cleaning cloth.
It weighs around 2.76 kg.
- The color gamut provides rich colors, with dazzling details in a wider view.
- The negligible parallax helps to deliver more accurate strokes.
- The stylus has a switch on its body which helps to quickly switch between the pen and the eraser.
- The screen is covered with a replaceable anti-glare optical film which ensures high transparency and scratch resistance. It also reduces glare.
- It is perfect for digital drawing, designing, animation, and online conference.
- The device is also compatible with many software like Zoom, Microsoft Meeting, Google Classroom, etc.
- It can be a bit heavyweight.
HUION Drawing Monitor Pro 16
The last one on the list of graphic tablets with a display is another one from the global brand for graphic tablets, Huion.
HUION Drawing Monitor Pro 16, by far has the largest display screen, 15.6 inches.
It’s a portable device that weighs 1.35 kgs and has a thickness of 11.5 mm.
The tablet has an IPS screen with a fully laminated anti-glare glass panel.
The surface has a touch bar along with 6 press keys and an OSD function button.
The screen has a 266 PPS report rate and a 5080 LPI resolution.
It is also equipped with a 120% sRGB color range.
The PW507 stylus is battery-free, has EMR technology and the body is made up of silicon. It weighs around 14 grams and has two programmable buttons on its body.
The pen has 8092 sensitivity pressure levels and has a +/- 60 degree tilt recognition facility.
The back is made up of aluminum.
Along with the device and the pen, the package also comes with –
- An adjustable stand,
- One pen holder,
- A 3 in 1 cable,
- A power adapter,
- One cleaning cloth,
- 10 replaceable pen nips and
- A pen clip.
It is compatible with Windows, Mac, and other designing software.
- You can set different functions for each press key as per your preference.
- The anti-glare glass reduces the glare effect and protects the eye.
- The silicon body of the pen ensures a comfortable grip.
- The tablet has an anti-slip design.
- The color gamut provides a huge color range. It presents around 16.7 million colors on the screen.
No negative comments.
Graphic Tablets Without Display
These tablets are much cheaper in comparison to those with display. You can get these from Amazon within a price range of Rs. 3000 to Rs. 10000, based on their size and other features.
XP-Pen StarG430S Graphics Drawing Tablet
Here is a small portable lightweight ultra-thin non-display graphic tablet from XP – Pen.
XP-Pen StarG430S Graphics Drawing Tablet has a working space of 4 inches x 3 inches.
The screen has a 266 RPS report rate.
It has a battery-free P01 stylus which has 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity.
The device is compatible with Windows 10 / 8 / 7, Mac OS version 10.8 and above, and various other design software like Photoshop, Illustrator, Clip Studio, etc.
It weighs around 259 grams.
The device is perfect for whiteboard demonstrations, document annotation, free-hand illustrations, etc.
- It is very easy to carry around.
- The tablet is designed for OSU gameplay, drawing, designing, sketches, image editing, handwriting recognition, etc.
- The box also provides 10 replaceable pen nips and a pen clip.
- It is one of the cheapest available graphic tablets.
- Sometimes the tablet gets hanged.
XP-Pen StarG640 Graphics Drawing Tablet
Here is another again from XP – Pen. However, it’s a bit bigger in size than the previous one.
XP-Pen StarG640 Graphics Drawing Tablet has a drawing area of 6 inches x 4 inches.
The screen has a 266 RPS report rate and 5080 LPI resolution.
The P01 Passive Pen has electromagnetic technology and has no battery.
The stylus has a one-click toggle on its body to quickly switch between pen and eraser. And it has a reading height of 10 mm.
The package comes with 20 replaceable pen nibs, a pen clip, and a USB cable for connecting it to the computer.
The device has an SDRAM memory with one processor.
It is designed for OSU gameplay.
It weighs around 431 grams and has a thickness of 8 mm.
The device is compatible with Windows 10 / 8 / 7, Mac OS version 10.10 and above and also with many major executive designing software.
It is suitable for digital drawings, designing, sketching, handwriting recognition, image editing, 3D modeling, and online teaching and video conference.
- It is one classic digital tablet with all the latest technologies.
- The user does not need to install any driver for using the tablet for OSU.
- It is suitable for both left and right-hand users. You can set the mode for your preferred hand.
- The device can be synchronized with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC signature application and can be used for the digital business signature.
- The stylus is ergonomic in nature.
- It is also compatible with many online meeting software like Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.
Customers do not have any complaints.
Check this out: Latest Electronic Gadgets in Indian Market
Wacom One by CTL-472/K0-CX
Wacom is a Japanese company that is globally recognized for its tablets. The company has several ranges of tablets.
Wacom One by CTL-472/K0-CX is a medium-sized tablet which has an active area of 6 inches x 3.5 inches.
The tablet is available in a color combination of red and black, which weighs around 249 grams and has a thickness of 9 mm.
The device requires one lithium-ion battery.
In the battery-free stylus, the electromagnetic resonance technology has been used which has 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity.
The device is compatible with Windows 7 or later and OS X 10.10 or later.
The package also provides replaceable nibs and a USB cable. One of the best graphic tablets for designers.
- The pen is ergonomic in nature and is so lightweight that it will give you the feeling of a real pen on paper.
- The EMR technology used in the pen helps in creating more accurate works.
- The device is very compact and it is very easy to carry around.
- A small folding cloth is attached on one side of the tablet which acts as a pen holder.
No negative points so far.
VEIKK A15 PRO Graphic Drawing Tablet
Veikk is a self-owned brand originated in China, which has been involved in the manufacturing of graphic tablets for more than 10 years.
VEIKK A15 PRO Graphic Drawing Tablet is a masterpiece available in the market. It is available in two colors – black body with blue dial and black body with a red dial.
It’s a portable lightweight tablet with a drawing area od 10*6 inches.
The tablet weighs around 570 grams and has a thickness of 9 mm.
The surface is adorned with a multifunctional dial and 12 express keys which are customizable and you can set their functions as per your preference.
The screen has a resolution of 5080 LPI and has a 250 RPS report rate. It has a sensing height of 10 mm.
The battery-free P02 stylus has 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity.
With one click on the button which is present on the body of the pen, you can easily switch between pen, eraser, and mouse.
I have mentioned this model in other articles simply because it’s the best drawing tablet for beginners.
The package also contains –
- One pen holder,
- 28 replaceable nibs,
- One nib removal tool,
- One USB cable, and
- A glove.
The device is compatible with Mac OS X 10.10 or later, Windows 10 / 8 / 7, and almost all major drawing software.
- It is travel friendly.
- The tablet has an ultra-large screen and it is ultra-thin and light.
- The round dial can quickly switch between 3 functions – brush zoom in / out, canvas zoom in / out, and mouse wheel up / down.
- It can be used by both left and right-hand users.
- Along with all the drawing and designing work, it is also suitable for online teaching and web conferences.
- The device is also compatible with the Microsoft Office app.
There are very few graphic tablets available in India. But those available come with great features and a budget price.
If you are into drawing or designing, a graphic tablet will help you in creating your perfect piece.
These are also perfect for beginners.
So don’t waste your time in hesitation.
Check the list and click on Buy Now once you get the one perfect for you.